Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Winner, WIWW and Why...

Let's get down to business right off the bat: The winner of the $25 merchandise credit to The Scarlet Poppe shop is : comment #5....HEIDI! (I had Logan choose the number. He is five so he always chooses 5) HA! Congratulations, Heidi! Email me at morganpoppe@yahoo.com for details! Second, I decided to jump back into What I Wore Wednesday because here in frozen Wisconsin, its so easy to stay in comfy velour pants or pj pants all day, every day. I had to find a way to break the sad cycle. So, back to WIWW! Here goes, be kind, its been a while! Thursday: Run errands (this is a daily thing) and Girl's Night In night Entire Outfit: Old Navy Clearance Shoes: Target Friday: Work at home then more errands (was actually supposed to have lunch with a friend of mine that just had a baby boy but he was up all night so we had to reschedule. BOO!)... Skinny Jeans and White Top: Old Navy Long Cardi: Kohls Boots: Target
Saturday:
Jeans: Levi's
Gray Cap Sleeve Top: Old Navy
Shoes: Target
Had to show the shoes cuz I love them!
And finally, VDay!
Top: H&M
Leggings Scarf and Boots: Walmart
VDay Bracelet: Gift from my momma! For some reason, I cannot keep things in my hair. That headband was gone within an hour!
I'm linking up to The Pleated Poppy.
Last, I had someone ask me why my husband and I don't celebrate Valentine's Day. First off, I've never really been a fan of the holiday. Maybe because I was always the friend and never the girlfriend. So it was always kind of a downer day. But enough of that. The first year we were married, we lived out in Seattle. I had planned an fun night filled with little gifts hidden around the house for him to find when he got home from work and a nice dinner to end the evening with (including chocolate covered strawberries). By the way, who knew you could mess those up?? Yep, I messed them up the first time! UGH. Anyway, he came home, took a shower, turned on the tv and fell asleep. He had FORGOTTEN OUR FIRST MARRIED VDAY!!! K, I'll wrap this up. In the end, (I might have cried on the phone to my b.f. back in WI) she made me realize this: Mike shows his love for me in so many ways throughout the entire year. He brings me handpicked wildflowers all summer long, sneaks me a Snickers Bar (my fave) into my purse just because and puts cute notes on my steering wheel to let me know he is thinking of me. He doesn't need Hallmark to dictate to him which day to tell me he loves me with a big stuffed bear and chocolate roses. No, he makes me feel loved EVERY day. So, I acted like complete brat. Since then...we have never celebrated VDay. We don't need to! Now, its just fun to do fun things with the kids on this day.
With that being said...guess who brought home Chinese takeout last night just because he knows how crazy Mondays are for me! Love him!!

2 comments:

  1. YEAH I am just SO SO SO SO excited. I never win anything THANKS!!!! LOVE your blog! THANKS

    ReplyDelete
  2. You looked so cute on V-day! I'm heading over and checking out your etsy store!

    ReplyDelete