Tuesday, August 24, 2010
Today, my Logan turned 5! I truly can't believe how fast the time has gone. I know every mother says this but I REALLY REALLY mean it. Logan was the baby in our family for 4 1/2 years so I still call him my baby. I will probably call him this when he is a grown man. Sorry Logan! Here is my Logan in a nutshell on this day, his 5th birthday:
1. Hilarious-I never know what he will say, but its usually down right knee-slappin' funny!
2. Mischievous-If its quiet, you know he is into something he shouldn't be...but he'll try to sweet talk his way out of trouble and give compliments. I've been told I'm super cool on more than one occasion to get out of something! :)
3. Handsome-like his daddy, and in a way that I know I'm in trouble when he is a young man! :(
4. Motorhead-he loves anything with an engine. Right now he loves to ride his 4-wheeler and his daddy's "big green tractor". Love to see them cut the grass together.
5. Sweet and polite-in a way that melts my heart because you know that what you tell him is sinking in. i.e. hold doors for women, shake hands and say "please" and "thank you"
6. Lover-he truly loves with every ounce of his soul when he loves you. I know that he will make a great husband to the woman we are already praying for when he is older. Lucky girl!
7. Picky Eater-if it doesn't have spaghetti sauce in it...forget it...he won't eat it...unless there is pudding waiting for him for dessert.
8. Night Owl-like me. Not sure if I like this now but it will come in handy when he is older and studying or needs to get work done or just wants a little quiet time alone.
Okay, I could go on but its getting late. Thanks for listening to me get all gooey about my baby, I mean big boy. Happy Birthday, Lo! Love you more than you'll ever know!
Saturday, August 21, 2010
I just reduced a bunch of fabric to just $5 a yard in my Etsy shoppe! No, that is not a typo. Amy Butler fabric for $5 per yard is crazy, but true! Shipping is only $5 for up to 8 yards (regular weight) or 4 yards (home dec weight). Grab some awesome Amy Butler (and other fab designers) fabric while you can. Think fall/winter projects!!! Here are just a few yummy ones:
Wednesday, August 18, 2010
I just had to share this because I am so excited. I just got the new Paradise line in from Pat Bravo. Its Gorgeous with a capital G! Here is a little collage...I already have a few plans for this line. Can't wait to get sewing on it. Oh and its super soft...like butter! Check out the shop to get yours today!
Okay, so I know that it is What I Wore Wednesday but I only took two pics this week so they will have to wait until next week. Promise. So, here is my Window Shopping Wednesday picks. I LOVE black and white. Its so classic and smooth. Look good anywhere! Not sure why these pics are cropped so funny. Just click on the links below so you can enjoy these finds to the max. Enjoy!
Thursday, August 12, 2010
If you look on the right side bar, you will see a second Etsy shop gallery. This is for Scarlet Poppe Boutique! All of my handmade items will be going into this shop. Easier to keep the fabric separate. I have already listed a few things with more to come throughout the next few days. So, please go check it out, here! FREE SHIPPING if you mention this blog post! Happy Thursday! Morgan
Wednesday, August 11, 2010
Okay, so I was going to do this every week but failed right off the bat. I have a few problems. Major one is that I don't have a full length mirror, so I can't take pics of myself. So, the only pics I have are from my husband. Usually, when I head out, he snaps a quick one of me. I guess I never really head out as I only have 4 pics in the past 2 weeks! So, here they are, nothing special: Meeting some girls out for a glass of wine, al fresco Top: TJ Maxx (last summer, $5) Jeans: Old Navy (forever ago) Flip Flops: Old Navy (sorry you can't seem them, they are gray) Meeting a customer to deliver fabric: Top: Target $12 Jeans: TJ Maxx Flip Flops: Old Navy (gray ones again) Running errands Jean Jacket: Old Navy ($12 with a coupon) Khaki Cargos: Old Navy (a few years ago) White T: Men's section at walmart Wedge Sandals: Walmart (3 years ago...they are in bad shape but I love them) Going out to dinner with my husband! WOOHOO! Jeans: Old Navy ($7.49 during their 1/2 off clearance sale) Racerback Black Tank: Old Navy ($3.97) Stripe Sweater: TJ Maxx $14.99 Black/White Wedges: Charlotte Russe (last summer) Necklace: MagPieDesignz (LOVE THIS NECKLACE) Frizzy hair: Wisconsin's humidity!!! It was hot that day but restaurants are always cold so here it is without the sweater! And last, working the Jack Pine Savage Days in Spooner (which by the way, was a blast. Almost sold out of the Poppy Tops! WooHoo!) Top: Made by me, you can get yours here! Belt: Target Jeans: Lucky's Flip Flops: sorry you can't see them, they are white from Old Navy Hat and fabric flower: Made by me Okay, that is harder to post than one would think! So, please make me feel better and post yours as well. I'm sure you all are more fashionable than me! Next time, I'll have pics of my everyday wear...which will be boring! I'm linking up here: Morgan
Wednesday, August 4, 2010
Still busy sewing up a storm, getting ready for the craft show this weekend. Pure craziness but so much fun. Here is a collection to drool over. I absolutely love these colors!
1. Earrings by dote
2. Tote by HaydenJ
3. Bolero by erinleighheart
4. Rules of Love Poster by iloveitall
5. Flower by WeeGardens
6. Mustard Cowl by MegansMenagerie
Tuesday, August 3, 2010
Came across this earlier this morning and loved it: "The world has enough women who are tough; we need women who are tender. There are enough women who are coarse; we need women who are kind. There are enough women who are rude; we need women who are refined. We have enough women of fame and fortune; we need more women of faith. We have enough greed; we need more goodness. We have enough vanity; we need more virtue. We have enough popularity; we need more purity." ~Margaret D. Nadauld I've been away from blog land the past week as I'm getting ready for my first arts & crafts show this weekend. I'm super excited and very nervous. Wishin', hopin' and prayin' things go good! Will be back tomorrow for Window Shopping Wednesday. Morgan