Wednesday, December 22, 2010

All Caught UP!

This post might hit home with a few of you. This is the week of Christmas. Only 3 days left until Christmas Eve. The past week or so, I've been running around like crazy. Trying to purchase the last of the gifts, find the perfect stocking stuffers, purchase the food for the dishes I need to make for Christmas Eve and Christmas Day. I've been trying to make sure we have made it to every Christmas concert and Christmas party. Stressing to be sure we are all lined up as far as time goes to make it to my family's house and my husband's. Just typing that (and that's just a small portion of the list), I'm exhausted and a bit on edge. BUT! But, last night, I got away from it all. I went out snowshoeing in the dark, after it had been snowing for a day and a half. The trails hadn't been groomed, the snow actually looked like glitter. It was amazing. It was quiet and peaceful. It hit me. I hadn't slowed down once to remember what this season is all about! Its not about the toys, the parties, the perfect pair of heels to go with my Christmas Eve top, or the cheesy potatoes, or the 5 dozens cookies I've wanted to make but haven't had time to do. It's about Jesus. Jesus makes time for each and every one of us. No matter what. His love is undying and consistent. I'm so thankful that I was given last night to get my head and heart in the right place. I hope you all have time to slow down and enjoy this time of year. To remember what we were given so long ago. Its truly magical. So, with all of that said, I'm leaving you with this video. Its one of my favorite Christmas songs. Take time to listen to these lyrics. Can you imagine? Merry Christmas! Enjoy!

1 comment:

  1. You are exactly right. It's hard not to get caught up in all the holiday hoopla - but it's definitely about Jesus. My kids want to make Jesus a birthday cake this week to celebrate. That is better than any gift under the tree for me.

    Hope you have a great holiday Morgan!

    ReplyDelete